We're not dating.. we're talking. What the hell does that mean?



 I think it's fair to say that today's dating world is more complicated than ever. Regardless of the numerous means of communication available to us, it seems like communication is at an all time low. There are new terms created everyday pertaining to relationships, sex, and dating, yet there is little to no clarification of what they truly mean. I don't see why things have to be so complicated, boy likes girl, girl likes boy, they fall in love etc. The messed up part is that women find themselves in "relationships" where they are faithful to a man who is not on the same page. Why? Hell, I don't know, I suppose lack of communication is to be blamed.

But what does it mean when people say they're talking to someone? As far as I'm concerned "talking to someone" is at the bottom of the totem pole of dating language. It is a general way of saying that you are interested in someone and they have expressed interest in you as well.

So why do people swear up and down that" talking" is the same as being in a relationship?

Two people who are talking have absolutely NO claim to one another. Why are we acting like it's a title? Way too many people have the meanings of these "labels" confused. From my understanding talking to someone is the most universal term to apply to a romantic partnership. But honestly, how much weight does that hold? That's like saying "I like chicken"...it doesn't mean shit.

How many of you have seen something like this on social media?


"When I'm single, I do me. When I'm talking to someone, I am talking to only them 100% and I expect them to do the same"

What?

While you're over there being "faithful" sitting by the phone and waiting to hear from bae, he's busy talking to runner up 1, 2, and 3. Until you hear someone say "we go together" and their actions match that statement, you are single.

The person you're talking to is entitled to talk to as many people as they want, as they should. There is nothing wrong with talking to more than one person at a time. I'm positive someone is going to attempt to twist my words so let me be clear. TALKING to more than one person at a time is fine. BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP with more than one person is trifling.

Bottom line, just weigh your options! Now, I am NOT saying you should walk around and drop your draws every chance you get. What I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with"Playing the field". Ha! Yolo! ...Just keep your pants on.




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments: